In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, weapon upgrading has been streamlined considerably compared to its predecessor. Each weapon has only a handful of stats that can be directly increased, while others are passively improved by upgrading certain augmentations.
While standalone modifications like laser sights and scopes are still available, all generic upgrades now utilize crafting parts (see below).
Crafting parts are a type of specialized resource that can be found throughout the environment, bought from merchants or gained by dismantling unused weaponry with the Micro Assembler augmentation.
While crafting parts are relatively scarce in the world and can generally be found in small quantities, dismantling weapons will generally yield much more of them than one could know what to do with.
Gameplay-wise, there are three primary statlines for most weapons the player can invest their crafting parts on: Damage Output, Ammo Capacity and Rate of Fire that are applicable to most weapons bar certain unique ones. Some weapons may not accept all three types. Each stat can be upgraded thrice before maxing out. A stat's crafting parts requirement will increase with each upgrade.
The stats that cannot be upgraded in a conventional sense are Accuracy, Recoil and Reload Speed, but can all be improved by investing into the Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis. Certain attachments may also affect a weapon's Accuracy, with scopes and laser sights increasing it while suppressors impose a small penalty while equipped. Certain weapons also possess Firing Pattern upgrades which have their own applied stat boosts/penalties when active.
A weapon's currently loaded ammo also determines how much Damage it deals per shot, with additionally-applied boosts and penalties depending on the ammo type and the kind of target it is being used against (e.g. EMP rounds deal massively-reduced damage against body armor and flesh of unaugmented enemies).
Also known as laser-targeting system.
This weapon attachment is a universal rail-mounted laser sight that allows for precision aiming by projecting a low-divergence visible laser dot on a sighted target. No dot will appear on out-of-range targets, reducing ammunition loss through test or speculation. The attachment is compatible with most weapons on the market.
Dramatically increases a weapon's accuracy.
- Zenith CA-40 (+30 Accuracy)
- Zenith ZAP (+30 Accuracy)
- Mustang Arms .357 Magnum (+10 Accuracy)
- FR-27 Sanction Flechette Rifle (+15 Accuracy)
- Widowmaker TX Tech-1 (+10 Accuracy)
- SB-762 Battle Rifle (+10 Accuracy)
- Hurricane TMP-18 (+15 Accuracy)
- Longsword II 203 ERSR (+10 Accuracy)
- TRQ 203-C Longsword (+10 Accuracy)
The NS-X20 Silencer provides near-complete suppression of gunfire, making it so that discharging one's weapons at a certain range will not cause general panic. Enemies standing too close to the player or the shots' impact zone will still get suspicious, however.
- Zenith CA-40 (-5 Damage, +3 Accuracy, -3 Recoil)
- Lancer Rifle (-40 Damage, +3 Accuracy, -10 Recoil)
- FR-27 Sanction Flechette Rifle (-25 Damage, +3 Accuracy, -3 Recoil)
- Widowmaker TX Tech-1 (-30 Damage, +3 Accuracy, -3 Recoil)
- Hurricane TMP-18 (-10 Damage, +3 Accuracy, -3 Recoil)
Description EditThe Reflex holographic weapon sight is a non-magnifying gun sight that maximizes the operator's peripheral vision, and guarantees faster target acquisition. This is done by superimposing a reticle on a distant field of view when the operator looks through the viewer. The reticle will also soft-lock on targets to give the user an even greater sense of superiority. The attachment is compatible with most weapons on the market.
Slightly improves a weapon's accuracy and helps to counteract the effects of recoil.
- SB-762 Battle Rifle (+15 Accuracy)
- FR-27 Sanction Flechette Rifle (+10 Accuracy)
- Widowmaker TX Tech-1 (+10 Accuracy)
- Hurricane TMP-18 (+10 Accuracy)
The 4X Scope provides a moderately-magnified precision optic that can greatly assist the player in acquiring distant targets and landing accurate shots on them, effectively turning certain weapons into low-powered sniper rifles at a small loss of peripheral vision.
Specific weapons have alternative Firing modes that can be unlocked with the right amount of crafting parts and then toggled on and off at will. Certain modes will confer additional stat modifiers.
- Full-Auto - Zenith CA-40, Hurricane TMP-18
- 3-round Burst - Elite Edition 10mm Pistol, Widowmaker TX Tech-1
- Semi-Auto - FR-27 Sanction Flechette Rifle
- Double-action (Hairpin Trigger) - Mustang Arms .357 Magnum (+30 Rate of Fire)
- Not actual alternate fire mode.