- This page pertains to the tiltjet aircraft. See also Helicopter (DXHR and DXMD).
The VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) is a vehicle in that appears in various games and media set in the 2020s, including Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deus Ex: The Fall, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The VTOL has a fixed wing and a tiltjet propulsion system. The aircraft's shape is similar to a bee's, hence the name BEE used for VTOLs in Human Revolution.
VTOLs are operated by a wide range of organizations, including civilian organizations such as Sarif Industries, para-military groups such as Belltower Associates, the Tyrants, and Task Force 29, and the Pent House prison facility.
In Human Revolution, Sarif Industries uses a VTOL piloted by Faridah Malik in 2027 to transport various VIPs, and Adam Jensen around the globe. In The Fall, a VTOL is used by Alex Vega for various transport missions during her employment at Belltower Associates and Ben Saxon from Panama City to Australia.
- In Deus Ex: Icarus Effect, the term used for the vehicle is "veetol."
- Malik's VTOL number is 800-BEE in cutscenes but BEE-008 in-game.
- The VTOL seems to be loosely based on the V-22 Osprey.
- Engine Sounds seem to be based on the JT8D Engine.