Start with the Tough Love response as your first answer, then follow-through with the rest of the conversation.
Use the following as a guideline for your follow-up answers:
- The target is suicidal, so a similar approach to hostage negotiation should be followed.
- Sandoval believes he is doing the right thing.
- Sandoval is traumatized by his experiences as an augmentation "fixer".
- He feels betrayed by Taggart, whom he has served loyally since his conversion to the Humanity Front.
- Sandoval generally tries to solve problems by avoiding them.
- Try talking him down by persuading him to continue living to champion the good cause. Dragging in his family should be a last resort (but works, depending on his mood).
- Alpha and Omega options will persuade him not to kill himself.
- Beta will fail the conversation.
- It is possible to lock out this achievement by creating a scenario wherein Sandoval is hostile upon meeting the player, including a different cutscene with Sandoval attempting to shoot Adam Jensen, if Taggart's computer is hacked and no evidence is planted.
- Due to a bug this may occur even if the player has obtained Sandoval's location from Taggart by winning a conversation battle, and will persist even if reloading from before talking to Taggart. It is possible to get around this by reloading from the immediate start of the Detroit 2 area and proceeding directly with the main quest. It is important not to attempt any side quests during these missions until the achievement has been obtained. If following the path of winning the social battle with Taggart it is important not to take any hostile action within the convention center, including hacking alarm panels and the security computer.