| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Following a leak by the Juggernaut Collective in 2028, the activities of Belltower Associates on Rifleman Bank Station are released to the public. The public condemns the PMCs involvement in human trafficking and illegal experimentation on the black site. Due to this blow to the corporation, as well as losing a third of its special forces units due to the Aug Incident, Belltower goes bankrupt. A year later, the company sells off its special forces division and fires the majority of its augmented staff. What remains of Belltower becomes Tarvos Security Services.
Tarvos attempts to distance itself from their Belltower roots. Company brochures insist that none of their corporate or executive-level employees previously worked for Belltower. This claim is contradicted by emails found in Tarvos' corporate vault in the Palisade Property Bank, which mention that Tarvos will be operated by the same management as that of former Belltower, and that Belltower leader Luther St. John-Ffolkes remains involved with Tarvos. Tarvos also attempts to remind its rank-and-file employees, many of whom did previously work for Belltower and thus may perceive Tarvos as a continuation of Belltower, that Tarvos is not Belltower but is instead a "completely different" company.
Tarvos also claims that none of their current employees are augmented. Some of the former augmented staff of Belltower joined the Illuminati's Shadow Operatives, who operate Illuminati black site facilities previously owned by Belltower and do not hesitate to inflict casualties on Tarvos at the bequest of the Illuminati. The activities of the Shadow Operatives indicate that at least some of Belltower's clandestine services for the Illuminati were not continued under Tarvos. Nonetheless, Tarvos still services Illuminati-affiliated organizations, including Tai Yong Medical.
Tarvos offers a variety of security services including riot control, civil law enforcement, and surveillance. They also perform personal protection services, risk management, and site security. Tarvos effectively acts as a private police department, but with higher quality control than a government-run one. The company promises to provide the highest quality services by employing the most-qualified candidates globally. Tarvos promulgates a set of principles requiring its employees to exercise honesty, responsibility, perfection, and respect.
Tarvos' Prague unit engages in monthly charity work in protecting doctors and medical personnel in Golem City. However, an internal email from Tarvos' public relations department insists that Tarvos has no active mission or personnel in Golem City.
In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and its expansions, Tarvos units are seen protecting the Palisade Property Bank in Prague, Palisade Blade-01 (also in Prague), and the Apex Centre in London. Additionally, they are also encountered at their Prague headquarters, featured in Desperate Measures.
Tarvos fields several type of guards:
The standard Tarvos security guard wears a grey uniform, emblazoned with the Tarvos name and logo. They are armed almost exclusively with pistols. These are deployed for most security operations.
There is rarer variant of security guard that wear a white uniform jacket and is armed with a shotgun. These are only encountered in the Prague permit authentication office.
Another, more heavily armed guard wears a ballistic vest (with armor on the right arm) and often wears an armored helmet. They are exclusively armed with combat rifles. These are deployed to the highest security areas.
The heaviest type of Tarvos guard is the exosuit. While they only have a few of these suits, they are some of the deadliest troops among Tarvos' ranks. Their armor is capable of withstanding multiple, high powered, armor penetrating rounds, while their own arm mounted, light machine gun is capable of tearing its target to shreds in seconds. These troops have only been seen within Tarvos's Prague HQ.
Tarvos also employ armed drones for all major operations, both bipedal walkers and airborne quadcopters.
Beyond these, Tarvos employs two types of specialists:
The first is the IT Cybersecurity guard. IT personnel wear the same lower uniform as standard guards, but wear dress shirts of their personal preference. IT guards, like standard guards, are armed exclusively with pistols. IT personnel are in charge of all communications and cybersecurity aspects of Tarvos. These are only encountered in the Tarvos Prague HQ.
The second specialist is the Tarvos Medical Officer. These are dressed with a uniform similar to the standard security guard, but their jacket does not have the Tarvos logo and their uniform color is a much lighter shade of grey. Only one medical officer is known and he is armed with a pistol.
Known Employees Edit
- Luther St. John Ffolkes - Leader
- Missy Johnson - Medical Officer, London HQ
- Liam Slater - Chief of Security, APEX Convention Center, London Unit.
- Simon Whittaker - Lieutenant/Head of Operations, Prague Unit.
- Jackie Jefferies - Senior Operations Manager, Prague Unit.
- Johnathan Lee Clarke - Head of Internal Security, Prague HQ.
- Joseph Bates - Strategic Analyst/Internal Security, Prague HQ.
- Elliot McCoy - Internal Security, Prague HQ.
- Chris Sullivan - Internal Security, Prague HQ.
- Patrick Bowne - Internal Security, Prague HQ.
- Alan Fraser - Head of Information and Technology, Prague HQ.
- Dwight Gibbons - Data Manager/Information and Technology, Prague HQ.
- Miles Tardiff - Information and Technology, Prague HQ.
- Kevin Carter - Junior Information and Technology Assistant, Prague HQ.
- Dr. Sidney Darlington - Medical Officer/General Practice Doctor, Prague HQ.
- Ronald Gooden - Security Guard, Prague HQ.
- Greg McReynolds - Security Guard, Palisade Bank Division (Blade 01 Team).
- Morton Kinney - Security Guard, Palisade Bank Blade Division (Blade 01 Team).
- Sebastian Weir - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Matthew Maron - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Peter Powell - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Hallie Wellington - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Tim Elster - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Bill Massey - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Dan Kalan - Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Michael Reeves -Unknown, Prague HQ.
- Brian Duggan - Unknown, Unknown.
- Frankie Burns - Unknown, Unknown.
- The Tarvos vault in Palisade Bank has a list of deployed agents. Among these are the names "Burke" and "Saxon". This may hint at the current status of Pieter Burke and Ben Saxon, and that Tarvos secretly employs Spec Ops trained augmented soldiers.
- Tarvos Security Services has a website, tarvossecurity.com, that is part of a viral marketing campaign for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- The name "Tarvos" is similar to the Greek word "Tavros" meaning "bull", hence Tarvos' stylized bull logo.
- This is likely an allusion to Belltower, since it also had a stylized bull for a logo.
- The rebranding of Belltower to Tarvos mirrors the rebranding of real-life PMC Blackwater, to XE Services and then to Academi, following the 2007 massacre in Nisour Square, Baghdad by a group of Blackwater guards.
See also Edit
- Tarvos corporate vault computer
- In-game eBooks on Tarvos: