Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Talos Rucker is a humanitarian aid doctor and the leader of the Augmented Rights Coalition. Rucker received mechanical augmentations after he sustained injuries during the Vilama Caldera volcano eruption in Argentina in 2016, an event in which he also lost his wife.
As the leader of ARC, Rucker brings several groups of transhumans together, amassing considerable power in the process. The power he holds makes him a threat to individuals and groups (such as the Illuminati) who wish to further restrict augmented people. Despite being branded as a terrorist group, Rucker maintains that ARC is a peacekeeping organization and does not endorse violent actions by its members.
In 2029, Talos Rucker is based in ARCs Prague headquarters, located in Útulek Complex. Adam Jensen is sent here by Task Force 29 to locate and extract him. When Jensen requests that Rucker go in for questioning, he is hesitant to comply. Rucker suspects that there is a conspiracy at hand that is attempting to frame ARC for various terrorist attacks. He claims that Jensen, as a member of the Interpol-run Task Force 29, speaks on behalf of "masters who hide in the shadows" and is thus reluctant to trust him. Following his talk with Jensen, Rucker's body begins to suddenly reject his augmentations, and he suffers a gruesome death. It later transpires that Viktor Marchenko poisoned him with an experimental gene modifier known as the Orchid. Picus TV covers the circumstances of Rucker's death, claiming that he had died of alcohol poisoning.
Rucker authored the following books and publications:
- Talos Rucker: An Autobiography - his autobiography.
- The Inconvenient Aug - a book where he expresses his personal beliefs regarding the human augmentation technology.
- An Appeal to Basic Humanity - an open letter to the public, in which he suggests forming an activist coalition that would defend the rights of augmented people in the post-Aug Incident world.
There is also an unauthorized biography of Rucker titled Pride in Prejudice.
- Uses idealism as a shield. Needs to be reminded of reality.
- Exaggerates his own importance, but welcomes good advice.
- Conceals insecurities with bluster. Desperate for something to hold on to.
- If Jensen kills ARC soldiers before dialog battle, Rucker will be angry at Jensen about this, making the persuasion harder. CASIE augmentation will show this as initial negative response level.
- Due to the stress of being the leader of ARC, Rucker has supposedly "been drinking a lot". Multiple alcoholic drinks can be found in his office.