| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
M16: Stopping Marchenko is the 16th main mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and one of the last missions (depending if you did M17: Protecting the Future) first. Adam Jensen must stop Marchenko from detonating bombs that will kill hundreds of people, but at the cost of the UN delegates lives and letting the Human Restoration Act pass.
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
|Objective||Getting Things Done||Ghost||Smooth Operator|
Stop Marchenko Before He Blows Up the Towers Edit
If you did M12: The Heist and got the Orchid cure, you can use it right after the cutscene to save Jim Miller or, if you do not think you will make it to the delegates in time, save it for them. However, if you finish off Marchenko quickly (or use the secret door that connects the two areas) you can stop the delegates from taking a sip and therefore save them without needing the antidote.
- If you saved the delegates first, use the hidden door in the conference room (it is part of the green monitors behind the mounted camera) to get to the exhibition hall quickly.
- If you are doing this mission first and want to save the delegates as well, you will have to take out Marchenko quickly. A few different options to do so are based on what you did in the game:
- If you did M11: Confronting the Bomb-Maker and got Allison Staněk to give you the switch, you can use it to prevent Marchenko from detonating the bombs.
- If you are not going for the Pacifist achievement and got Damocles' Sword (Marchenko's killswitch), you can use it during the prompt or anytime during the fight with him.
- A quick way for non-lethal is to make a couple EMP mines and lure him in. When they go off, you can then run over and do a non-lethal takedown.
- You can also use electric shock on Marchenko (like with a stun gun) and quickly proceed with a takedown. Just make sure it is in stealth, otherwise Marchenko will activate his TITAN aug, preventing the shock.
- Or save the delegates during the fight. Right after the cutcene, make your way up the stairs to where the turret is to find a switch underneath the table (near the mines) that will open a back entrance to the delegates. Follow the arrows to the executive lounge and enter. If you were fast enough, you will be able to save them. You can then head back through the hidden door (it is part of the green monitors behind the mounted camera) to finish the fight.
If you did not save the delegates yet, use the secret door in the exhibition hall (see #5 above) to quickly get to them. If you were fast enough, you will be able to save them as well.
- If you are trying for the achievement, Spokes in Two Wheels, it is best to either have Allison's switch, Damocles' Sword (for non-Pacifist run), or the Orchid cure. Any of them will buy you time to save the delegates if you confront Marchenko first.
- Similarly, if you are trying for Tablet Collector, you need to save the delegates first, as the last eBook is in the conference room.
- For some reason Marchenko's body will be shown as whole in the cut to the ending, even if player used the killswitch causing the body to explode. This could be due to an oversight.