| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
M16: Stopping Marchenko is the 16th main mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and one of the last missions (depending if you did M17: Protecting the Future) first. Adam Jensen must stop Marchenko from detonating bombs that will kill hundreds of people, but at the cost of the UN delegates lives and letting the Human Restoration Act pass.
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
Stop Marchenko: 3150 GTD + 200 SMO
Stop Marchenko Before He Blows Up the Towers Edit
If you did M12: The Heist and got the Orchid cure, you can use it right after the cutscene to save Jim Miller (and get the He's [Not] Dead, Jim achievement). Otherwise, he will die here. If you did M17 first, see notes if having trouble with the marker's location.
If you are doing this mission first and want to save the delegates as well, you will have to take out Marchenko quickly. A few different options to do so are based on what you did in the game:
- If you did M11: Confronting the Bomb-Maker and got Allison Staněk to give you the switch, you can use it to prevent Marchenko from detonating the bombs.
- If you are not going for the Pacifist achievement and got Damocles' Sword (Marchenko's killswitch), you can use it during the prompt or anytime during the fight with him.
- A quick way for non-lethal is to make a couple EMP mines and lure him in. When they go off, you can then run over and do a non-lethal takedown.
- You can also shoot Marchenko with a stun gun and quickly proceed with a takedown. Just make sure it is in stealth because otherwise Marchenko will activate his TITAN aug, negating the stun gun shot.
Once you have dealt with Marchenko, if you have not saved the delegates yet, run upstairs where the turret is. There is a switch underneath the table (near the mines) that will open a back entrance to the delegates. Follow the arrows to the executive lounge and enter. If you were fast enough, you will also be able to save them.
- If you saved the delegates first, use the hidden door in the conference room (it is part of the green monitors behind the mounted camera) to get to the exhibition hall quickly.
- If you are trying for the achievement, Spokes in Two Wheels, it is best to either have Allison's switch, Damocles' Sword (for non-Pacifist run), or the Orchid cure. Any of them will buy you time to save the delegates if you confront Marchenko first.
- Similarly, if you are trying for Tablet Collector, you need to do the delegates first, as the last eBook is in the conference room.