Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Self-assembles into a spiderbot, allied to the user. Will attack the nearest enemy, delivering EMP and electrical damage. Detonates after a brief duration or can be set to detonate on contact by using the alternate firing mode."|
|- description of Spiderbomb, Deus Ex: Invisible War|
The Spiderbomb is a grenade in Deus Ex: Invisible War.
When thrown, this grenade transforms into a light spider bot either upon contact or after a short duration. The spider bot will be friendly to the player, attacking enemies with physical and EMP attacks, and will follow the player when no enemies are present.
If a spiderbomb is a physics prop outside of anyone's inventory, shooting it or catching it in an explosion will automatically deploy the spiderbot.
Like regular spiderbots, ones created by spiderbombs can be controlled with Bot Domination.
- Spiderbombs are very effective distractions against enemies. Before engaging enemies, throw a spiderbomb and allow it to start attacking enemies. While the enemies are distracte taking down the spiderbot, open fire on them. They'll be too interested in destroying the spider bot to deal with the player
- One or two enemies in a group may not be distracted by a single spiderbot. To counter this, throw a spiderbomb on each side of the group so that there's a good chance that everyone will be distracted.
- Do not rely on spider-bots to take out enemies. A single spiderbot might stand a chance of taking out a human opponent armed with a pistol, but would be overwhelmed easily by multiple enemies or enemies possessing considerable firepower.
- Bot Domination can make deployed spiderbots more effective. By controlling the spiderbot, it can be more mobile than a normal spiderbot can, making it much easier for the spiderbot to kill enemies.
- Spiderbombs are extremely effective when deployed against greasels, as the latters' toxic spit attack are useless against robots. A single spiderbot can easily take down multiple greasels - if the player is willing to wait.
- Two spiderbombs can make easy work of Templar Paladins wearing V68A Power Armor, mostly because the flawed AI will shoot rockets into the floor, damaging themselves, and the EMP attack spider bots use is extremely deadly to those wearing power armor.
- Spiderbots are also great tools against Flame Turrets; defensively due to bots' fire resistance, and offensively due to the effectiveness of EMP attacks against mechanical enemies.
- Locked crates occasionally have spiderbombs.
- The single red hourglass symbolizes a Black Widow Spiders, a type of spider.