| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
M15: Securing the Convention Centre is the 15th main mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and the first one to take place in London. Adam Jensen flies with TF29 to the Apex Centre to try and stop Marchenko's, and therefore the Illuminati conspirators', plan.
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
|Objective||Getting Things Done||Ghost||Smooth Operator|
|Get to Slater's Office||1950||200||200|
|Activate the Security Override Switch||1950||200||200|
|Neutralize the Guards||1000||200||200|
|Find the Keycard to Catering||1950||200||200|
|Investigate the Catering Area||1950||200||200|
Meet Liam Slater in the C.S.O. Edit
In London, you will meet and briefly talk with Nathaniel Brown, who refuses to cancel the event regardless of what you say, so Jim Miller decides TF29 needs to do their own sweep and Brown agrees. He will then tell Jensen to work with Tarvos Security to make sure everything is in order. You can explore the top area around the helipad if you want, but there is not much to find. Make your way to the elevator and head down to meet with Liam Slater, the one in charge of convention security. Jensen will contact Alex to keep her up to date, but Janus will respond instead, saying the UN delegates are of the utmost importance as the Human Restoration Act cannot pass, to which Alex agrees. You will then reach the security level.
In the initial area there is not much to explore, but you will find a vent behind some vending machines that can lead you into the next area or the security room. It is heavily advised if you are doing stealth to go into the latter and shut off everything you can. Go talk to the guy behind the window where Jensen starts to have a suspicion something is not right. You can choose to outright attack them or decide to be more discreet (trick or back off result in the same thing, though the first will make the guard behind the window walk off). Jensen will then notify Miller about his suspicions and Duncan MacReady points out similar thoughts as nobody from Tarvos Security on his end have contacted him yet. Miller then tells Jensen to get to Liam Slater's office to see what is going on.
Get to Slater’s Office Edit
If you hacked the security terminal earlier, you will have to go back and turn off the 2 cameras that turned back on if you want to take out the guards in the front without alarms going off. As MacReady can not move any further into the building due to being locked out, Jensen has to get to Slater’s office to override the security shutdown to let the rest of the team in.
Activate the Security Override Switch Edit
If you do some exploring in the area, you will confirm your suspicions when you find dead Tarvos Security guards and gold masks in some of the rooms, which will activate this part of the mission. Get to Slater’s office and use the code 5359 on the panel. Once overridden, you will see Brown pop up on screen as he talks a bit in the reception hall before Jensen notices the terrorists are slipping in through a back door near the catering area.
Find the Keycard to Catering Edit
Now get back to the elevator and head to the reception hall. Miller will tell Jensen to take out all the reception hall guards quietly, and find the keycard to access the back area.
If you do not care to take out all the guards, there are 2 ways to find a keycard:
- On the guard using the restroom. He may not be in the restroom if you triggered his location though. Instead, he will walk over and station himself near the exhibition hall's doors.
- If you have the klipsringer jump mod, travel in the vents that connect the restrooms to jump up into an area of the ducts where you hear 2 guards talking and move around until you are near a damaged vent opening and you will see a keycard.
As soon as you get the keycard, MacReady will be out of commission for a little while due to tripwires in a stairwell.
Quietly Neutralize All the Guards (secondary) Edit
Taking out the guards is optional, but if you do not take them all out an alarm will be triggered later, so if you are going for the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement, take them all out quietly. A few tips on taking them out without causing an alarm or panic:
- Mind the cameras and guests watching. As long as the guests do not see you do a takedown, or the cameras do not spot a body, you will be fine.
- Some reason, guests do not freak out if a guard suddenly goes limp and falls over from a tranquilizer, so use that to your advantage.
- Naturally, other guards will not react so well if they spot a body and will sound the alarm and attack.
- Do not drag bodies if no other guard is in the vicinity in the unrestricted areas, as guests will then decide you are acting suspicious and panic.
- Perform takedowns from cover, so the guards will be dragged out of sight instantly. Make sure the guests don't see you doing this, unless you are taking them out when you are invisible.
Investigate the Catering Area Edit
Make your way to the secured door and head through and you will find out you can not get a hold of Miller, but MacReady can read you. Continue through towards the marker. If you did not grab Damocles’ Sword during G.A.R.M., this is the area to grab it if you want to use it in the final fight. It will be in the room past the catering area (around the corner), in a box under a desk. Enter the catering area and a cutscene will play out. Now you have a hard choice to make...
Alternative: Alarm Scenario Edit
If you set off the alarm inside the convention center, Marchenko will be alerted, a cutscene will play, and the game will directly proceed to the next mission, without requiring you to obtain the keycard if you haven't done so already. If this happens, you may either head directly to Marchenko to complete M16: Stopping Marchenko or instead head to the Catering Area to find Miller. If you choose to confront Marchenko, it will be no longer be possible to attain the He's [Not] Dead, Jim achievement. Furthermore, if you choose to confront Marchenko and then take the hidden route to the delegates that bypasses the catering area, Alex Vega will announce the fate of Miller.
- If you used multiple takedowns on some of the guards, the count will not update accordingly, though once all guards are taken out, it will show as complete.