| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
In 2016, the Czech Republic experienced an economic boom. As a result, Prague became one of the world's leading metropolitan cities. During the economic boom, Prague also became home to a large number of Augmented workers, who played a key role in providing the workforce needed to build new infrastructure.
When the Aug Incident struck in 2027, public opinion quickly shifted against the augmented, who became subject to strict laws. Many of them were forced into the Útulek Complex, a facility located at the outskirts of the city. Originally built to house workers, the Útulek Complex devolved into an aug ghetto and became known as Golem City.
The Palisade Bank Corporation has constructed innovative data storage facilities in the city, known as the Palisade Blades. They are an iconic part of the Prague skyline in 2029 and a symbol of the Czech Republic's pro-corporate legislation. Other prominent organizations in the city include the Central European Division of Task Force 29, and the Dvali family.
In 2029, Adam Jensen arrives in Prague, where he works as an agent of the local Task Force 29 unit. During Jensen's time in Prague, a terrorist attack takes place in Růžička Station, a large train station in the city. The perpetrators are suspected to be connected to the Augmented Rights Coalition, a group which has a division in Golem City.
Růžička Station (Růžičkovo Nádraží) is a train station in Prague. Early in the events of Mankind Divided (taking place in late 2029), a terrorist group, suspected to be the Augmented Rights Coalition, bombs the station. In the Desperate Measures DLC, Adam Jensen investigates the truth behind the bombing. The train station is also accessible by metro.
Districts north of the railroad Edit
The accessible region north of the railroad is sometimes referred to as "northern Prague" in various articles on this wiki. It is divided into the three districts listed below, from west to east:
- Čistá Čtvrť ("Pure District") (also Čistá District and Prague West) – This district consists of the areas on and to the east of the section of Hlavní ("main") street that runs from Monument Station to the Vltava River, and a small area east of Monument Station.
- Palisade Property Bank – The headquarters of Palisade Bank Corporation in Čistá čtvrť.
- Palisade Station (Palisády Nádraží) – A metro station in the northeast part of the district. It is named after the Palisade Bank Corporation.
- 33 Hlavní Apartments - A modern-style apartment complex.
- Task Force 29 HQ – Prague is the headquarters of the Central European Division of Task Force 29. The HQ is located underground, hidden beneath an ordinary-looking building occupied by Praha Dovoz.
- Monument Station (U Památníku Nádraží) – A metro station south of the Pedestrian Bridge.
- Dávný District (also Dávný Obvod District and Dávný Čtvrť)
- Red Light District – The easternmost part of the accessible region north of the railroad and the location of Prague's nightlife, strip clubs, bars, and Dvali controlled territory. The Red Light District is open only at night, and is therefore not accessible until Jensen's second visit to Prague.
- Dvali Theater – The headquarters of the Dvali crime family.
The accessible district south of the railroad is known in-game as Překážka ("obstacle").
- Zeleň Apartments – A poor apartment complex in the city.
- The Time Machine – A book shop owned by Václav Koller, which also serves as an entrance to his underground augmentation clinic.
- Svobody Beer – A bar near Zeleň Apartments.
- Čapek Fountain Station (Čapkova Kašna Nádraží) – A metro station in the district.
Blade Plaza (Náměstí Mečů) is featured in the System Rift DLC. It is located to the west of Překážka.
- Palisade Blade-01 – One of the Palisade Blades located in Prague.
Other locations Edit
- Tarvos Prague headquarters – Local headquarters of Tarvos Security Services featured in the Desperate Measures DLC.
- Terminal Station – A Prague metro station connected to the Tarvos headquarters.
- Štúr Street , where Jensen meets Pavla Keilmanovich before heading for Terminal Station in Desperate Measures. It is not known which district this street is in.
- The fashion of civilians in Prague was designed as Corporate Feudalism as opposed to the Cyber-Renaissance as seen in Detroit and Hengsha. Cyber-Renaissance expresses emotion/art where Corporate Feudalism represents reason/function. Wealthy citizens are dressed in unsaturated colors, bear corporate logos on their clothes, and blend in without drawing attention to themselves. Impoverished citizens wear garments based on Cyber-Renaissance that have deteriorated to the point that they are reinforced with plastic, duct tape, and scavenged material.
- Owing to Prague's age and rich history, the design of the Prague police uniforms incorporated elements of medieval armor. The armor features analogs to pauldrons, tabards, gorgets, gauntlets, etc. The police logo is used as a coat of arms to reinforce the Corporate Feudalism of the city.