| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
In 2029, two years after the Aug Incident, Adam Jensen is sent here on a mission by Task Force 29. His division of the task force is based in the city. During Jensen's time here, a terrorist attack takes place in Růžička Station, a large train station in the city. The perpetrators are believed to be connected to the Augmented Rights Coalition, a group which have a division in Golem City located on the outskirts of Prague.
At some point in 2029, a terrorist group, suspected to be the Augmented Rights Coalition, bombs the station. In the Desperate Measures DLC, Adam Jensen investigates the truth behind the bombing.
- Růžičkovo nádraží – The metro station connected to the Růžička Station.
Districts north of the railroad Edit
The accessible region north of the railroad is sometimes referred to as "northern Prague" in various articles on this wiki. It is divided into the three districts listed below, from west to east:
- Čistá Čtvrť ("Pure District") (also Čistá District and Prague West) – This district consists of the areas on and to the east of the section of Hlavní ("main") street that runs from Monument Station to the Vltava River, and a small area east of Monument Station.
- Palisade Property Bank – The headquarters of Palisade Bank Corporation in Čistá čtvrť.
- Palisade (Palisády, "Palisades") station – A metro station in the northeast part of the district. It is named after the Palisade Bank Corporation.
- 33 Hlavní Apartments - A modern-style apartment complex.
- Task Force 29 HQ – Prague is the headquarters of the Central European branch of Task Force 29. The HQ is located underground, hidden beneath an ordinary-looking building occupied by Praha Dovoz.
- Monument (U Památníku, "At the Monument") station – A metro station south of the Pedestrian Bridge.
- Dávný District (also Dávný Obvod District and Dávný Čtvrť)
- Pilgrim's (Poutníkova) station – A Prague metro station in Dávný čtvrť.
- Libuše Apartments – An old apartment complex.
- Red Light District – The easternmost part of the accessible region north of the railroad and the location of Prague's nightlife, strip clubs, bars, and Dvali controlled territory. The Red Light District is open only at night, and is therefore not accessible until Jensen's second visit to Prague.
- Dvali Theater – The headquarters of the Dvali crime family.
The accessible district south of the railroad is known in-game as Překážka ("obstacle").
- Zeleň Apartments – A poor apartment complex in the city.
- The Time Machine – A book shop owned by Václav Koller, which also serves as an entrance to his underground augmentation clinic.
- Svobody Beer – A bar near Zeleň Apartments.
- Čapek's Fountain (Čapkova Kašna) station – A Prague metro station in Překážka.
Blade Plaza (Náměstí Mečů) Edit
An area of Prague featured in the System Rift DLC. It is located to the west of Překážka.
Other locations Edit
- Command center of Tarvos Security Services – A location featured in the Desperate Measures DLC.
- Terminal Station – A Prague metro station connected to the Tarvos command center.
- Čapkova Kašna (Čapek's Fountain) is presumable named after Karel Čapek, an early 20th century Czech writer and playwright. Čapek is most famous for his novel War with the Newts and the play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots), which introduced the word robot (derived from the Czech word "robota", meaning "servitude" or "work"). This is one of the earliest literally works, if not the first, which depicts the "robot as a threat" trope and an uprising of artificial intelligent beings, though certainly not the first one to feature an artificial being.