Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Megan Reed is the head of neuro-scientific research on augmentations at Sarif Industries and Adam Jensen's former romantic interest in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, she is working for Bob Page at one of his VersaLife facilities.
Megan Reed was born in Seattle, Washington, in 1995, the only child of two doctors who both decided early on that family life would never interfere with their careers. She moved to North Carolina around 2009-2010 and then moved to France in 2012, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in Neurology & Psychology. She returned to the United States in 2018 and was hired by Sarif Industries two years later as a genetic researcher. She became the head of the science team in 2023.
As the head of neuro-scientific research on augmentations at Sarif Industries, Megan is in charge of advancing the applications of cybernetic augmentations for the company. David Sarif handpicked her due to her earlier work and extensive research in the field. It was also Megan who recommended Jensen for the job as chief of security.
In 2027, she was preparing to go to Washington D.C. along with her team of scientists to defend their research once again, but not before she confesses to Jensen that this new discovery is "Rosetta Stone big" and that what really worries her is being asked how she discovered it. She further reveals her uneasiness on this topic in an e-mail with Sarif, where she explains she is afraid of possible questions concerning the first sample and Patient X.
During the Tyrants' attack on Sarif Industries laboratories, she is rendered unconscious by Jaron Namir as she attempts to defend the maimed Jensen. Six months later she is stated to have been killed in the attack and official autopsies have apparently been performed. However, Reed was never explicitly shown to have been killed, causing speculation on whether or not she may still be alive among some of her former colleagues. In reality, she was not killed and instead taken to a FEMA camp at Highland Park so Isaias Sandoval could remove her and her team's GPL implants. However, Sandoval was unsuccessful at removing them so he lowered the frequency instead, making Sarif think they had been killed in the attack.
After the frequency change, Reed and her team are taken to Hugh Darrow's Omega Ranch research facility in Singapore, where she is guarded over by Namir. Darrow eventually convinced her that allowing humanity to be freely augmented without restrictions, as her research would allow, was wrong, and got her to work for him. When Jensen finally finds and confronts her, she reveals that the Tyrants attack and kidnapping was real, as they wanted her and her research, but Darrow reassured her he was only pretending to work with TYM and the others to make sure their control signal would not work. She went along with it, not knowing Darrow had something more drastic in mind. With Jensen's help, Megan and the other kidnapped scientists escape the Singapore facility.
The D Project Edit
- Main article: The D Project
After the Aug Incident, Reed goes to work for Bob Page on a nanite-virus chimera - the D Project. Whether the nanite-virus chimera is the Gray Death, nanotechnological augmentations, the conception of JC Denton, or even just an intermediate predecessor to those technologies, currently remains unknown. Furthermore, it is not clear whether Reed knows that Page is a member of the Illuminati or the full consequences of her decision to work on chimera.
By 2029, Reed has taken a job at VersaLife and moved to San Francisco to begin her life anew. Her first project, code named The Orchid, is a chemical agent that builds off her earlier research at Sarif Industries as a way to prevent augmentation rejection and, therefore, allow people to be augmented without the need for Neuropozyne. She appears to be oblivious to Page actually using it as a poison, expressing her concern about it being unstable and to always have the neutralizing enzyme (the cure) on hand at all times until she can stabilize it.
- Michelle Boback, Megan Reed's voice actress, is the wife of Elias Toufexis, who in turn voices Adam Jensen. Elias, on his YouTube channel, played off of that in his New Years video, which can be seen here.
- Megan Reed's face model is based on Canadian Polish top model Daria Werbowy 
- In a Director's Cut version developer commentary, it was revealed that Reed was supposed to be in Panchaea with Jensen after being rescued from Omega Ranch, and would have been with him until the end of the game.
- In The Missing Link DLC, if the player checks Pieter Burke's computer in his office, they will find a saved conversation stating that one of the Sarif Industries scientists is still worried about her boyfriend, hinting that Reed still has feelings for Jensen.
- The footage of Reed being attacked by Namir from the Human Revolution Cinematic Trailer can be seen briefly in the announcement trailer for Mankind Divided at 0:56. She does not appear in game but is mentioned in passing several times throughout the story, and a conversation between her and Page can be heard if Jensen chooses to infiltrate the VersaLife corporate vault.
- In Deus Ex, when JC Denton first goes to meet Joseph Manderley, the player can speak to his secretary, Janice Reed. It is unknown if there is a connection between Megan Reed and Janice, or if the name is merely a coincidence.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Character information on the official Deus Ex website
- ↑ File 11473
- ↑ Pieter Burke's conversation here and here