| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Megan Reed was born in Seattle, Washington, in 1995, the only child of two doctors who both decided early on that family life would never interfere with their careers. She moved to North Carolina around 2009-2010 and then moved to France in 2012, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in Neurology & Psychology. She returned to the United States in 2018, was hired by Sarif Industries two years later as a genetic researcher. She became the head of the science team in 2023.
As the head of neuro-scientific research on augmentations at Sarif Industries, Megan is in charge of advancing the applications of cybernetic augmentations for the company. David Sarif handpicked her due to her earlier work and extensive research in the field. It was also Megan who recommended Adam Jensen for the job as chief of security.
In 2027, she was preparing to go to Washington D.C. along with other scientists to defend their research once again, but not before she confesses to Adam that this new discovery is too big. In an e-mail with David she explains she is afraid of possible questions concerning the first sample and Patient X.
During the attack on Sarif Industries laboratories by the Tyrants, she is rendered unconscious by Jaron Namir as she attempts to defend the maimed Adam Jensen. The scene ends shortly thereafter, but six months later she is stated to have been killed and official autopsies have apparently been performed. However, Megan was never explicitly shown to have been killed, causing speculation on whether or not she may be alive.
After Jensen's confrontation with Zhao Yun Ru at the top of the Tai Yong Medical tower, it is revealed that Megan's as well as her other team members' GPL implants are still active, meaning that they were not killed. She is eventually found in the Omega Ranch research facility in Singapore, guarded by Namir. Adam speaks to her after killing Namir and she is revealed to have been forced to work on her augmentation project for the benefit of the Tyrants and, by extension, the Illuminati.
Megan and the other kidnapped scientists escape the Singapore facility with Adam's help.
The D Project Edit
- Main article: The D Project
After the Aug Incident, Megan has chosen to work for Bob Page on a nanite-virus chimera - the D Project. Whether the nanite-virus chimera is the Gray Death, nanotechnological augmentations, the conception of JC Denton, or even just an intermediate predecessor to those technologies currently remains unknown. Furthermore, it is not clear whether Reed knows that Page is a member of the Illuminati or the full consequences of her decision to work on chimera.
Back in the States, she accepted a job at VersaLife and moved to San Francisco to begin her life anew. Her first project, code named The Orchid, is ostensibly meant to be a cure for AIDS, but draws heavily on the work she had been doing at Sarif Industries before the Aug Incident occurred. She appears to be oblivious to Bob Page actually using it as a poison, expressing her concern about it being unstable and to always have the neutralizing enzyme (the cure) on hand at all times until she can stabilize it.
- Michelle Boback, Megan's voice actress, is the wife of Elias Toufexis, who in turn voices Adam Jensen. Elias, on his YouTube channel, played off of that in his New Years video, which can be seen here.
- Megan Reed's face model is based on Canadian Polish top model Daria Werbowy 
- In a Director's Cut version developer commentary, it was revealed that Megan Reed was to be in Panchaea with Adam after rescuing her from Omega Ranch, and would have been with him until the end of the game.
- In Deus Ex, when JC Denton first goes to meet Manderley, the player can speak to his secretary, Janice Reed. It is unknown if there is a connection between Megan Reed and Janice, or if the name is merely a coincidence.
- In the Missing Link DLC, when going to Burke's office to retrieve his prosthesis, if the player enters his computer he will find an e-mail stating that one of the scientist of the events from six months ago is still worried about her boyfriend. This hints that Megan still has feelings for Adam. This is an e-mail conversation between Omega Ranch and Burke. E-mail is here  and here 
- One of the Computers of Omega Ranch you can find a full profile search on her. Stating age race etc.
- The footage of Megan being attacked by Namir from the Human Revolution Cinematic Trailer can be seen briefly in the announcement trailer for Mankind Divided at 0:56. She doesn't appear in game but is mentoned in passing several times throughout the story, and a conversation between her and Bob Page can be heard if Jensen chooses to infiltrate the VersaLife corporate vault.