After Seattle's land charter with the WTO was signed in 2071, most wealthy people either moved into the Enclave (Upper Seattle), were killed in the rioting, or left the city. The rest of Seattle not under WTO control is referred to as Lower Seattle.
Upper and Lower Seattle are exact opposites: the Enclave has futuristic architecture and more advanced technology, while Lower Seattle resembles a 20th century city suffering from severe urban decay. Most Upper Seattle citizens are wealthy, while Lower Seattle mostly consists of thugs and black market dealers. Most residents of Lower Seattle treat Enclave citizens with great contempt, and refer to them as "scabs".
Lower Seattle has been infested with transgenics, as residents regularly capture, train, and host fights to the death between greasels (locally called "gobs"). In addition, two karkians currently live in the sewers.
- Lower half of the Inclinator.
- Greasel Pit, a bar that holds greasel fights in its basement.
- Heron's Loft Apartments, an apartment complex owned by Sophia Sak, a local thug. Lin-May Chen asks Alex Denton to kill Sak, and Sid Black asks Alex to take his jet back from Sak. The local Queequeg's manager lives here, along with a greasel trainer Tina and her best greasel, Gob-zilla.
- The abandoned Hartford Turbine factory now houses the Seattle branch of The Order.
- Queequeg's coffee shop.
- An Omar Trader and his bodyguard sell black market products in an alley beside Queequeg's.
- Lower Seattle is similar to the slums of Midgar from Final Fantasy VII (another Square Enix game), while Upper Seattle resembles the plate.