The Longsword II 203 ERSR is a modified version of the Longsword 202 ERASER, designed to provide better ergonomics and perfomance.
This model of the Sniper Rifle is boasts very high damage values per round, being able to drop most targets with a clean headshot, and possesses a rather high fire rate for a weapon of its size. In essence, it is comparable to a bigger and meaner version of the SB-762 Battle Rifle.
Being designed for long-ranged use, however, up close the Sniper Rifle is uncomfortable to use at best and hinderingly cumbersome at worst due to its fire rate, slow reload speed and big crosshair bloom. Unless fitted with a laser sight, it is also nearly incapable of landing accurate shots without aiming, which is not an easy task when suppressed by oncoming hostiles.
Last but not least, the Longsword II 203 ERSR is very, very big, taking up the same amount of space as its non-lethal sister, thus putting a limit on how many items Jensen can bring with him at any time.
- The Sniper Rifle has an extremely long maximum range, greater than 160 meters, easily sufficient for any long-ranged target in the game.
- The Sniper Rifle does not accept a suppressor, therefore it is not advisable to collect and spend crafting parts on if the player is attempting a stealth-focused playthrough.
- For lethal silenced sniping, players may wish to consider the Lancer.
- If the player has the Micro-Assembler augmentation unlocked, dismantling the Sniper Rifle will yield 70 crafting parts.
- Maintaining the weapon is a problem in and of itself as sniper rifle ammo packs are very hard to come by during gameplay, even more so than the already-scarce rounds for the Battle Rifle. On the occasions where they can be bought from a vendor, Sniper Rifle ammo packs are usually in short supply and expensive.
- Sniper ammunition becomes far more common once you return from Golem, but the majority of it must be storebought. A large amount of ammo can be retrieved from the ARC fortress before you leave, as well.
- The sniper rifle has a very lengthy and arduous dry reload animation, that will almost certainly get you killed if you get pinned down.
- While you don't have a crosshair, shots generally go where you think they will, even on the move. With the addition of a laser sight and ammo capacity upgrades, the sniper rifle becomes a very potent close combat weapon.
- If left idle for too long, Jensen will start fiddling with the rifle scope's magnification adjustment knob, though this does not affect the zoom level when aiming back in later.