London is the capital and the most populous city of England and the United Kingdom. Standing on the River Thames, London was founded by the Romans around 43 AD as Londinium and since then has been an important place for trade and culture. In the 21st century, London continues to be a global city and one of the world's leading financial centers.
In 2012, London hosts the Summer Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Mechanically augmented athletes are allowed to compete only in Paralympics but not in Olympics due to the recent IAAF ban on prosthetics in able-bodied competitions. Germany decides to boycott the Olympics and sends its athletes to Paralympics instead. Picus TV broadcasts the competition of augmented Paralympic athletes and sweeps the ratings. Following these events, IAAF announces plans to rewrite the rules to allow augmented athletes to complete in the Olympic Games from now on.
- Apex Centre
- Belltower Associates Headquarters
- Jaron Namir's residence in Knightsbridge, near Kensington Gore
- The Diogenes Club - a private club where David Sarif met with Zhao Yun Ru and William Taggart in the Deus Ex: Human Revolution comics
Characters who were born, raised or at some time lived in London:
- Hugh Darrow, the "father" of mechanical augmentation, was born and raised in Blackheath, South London.
- Ben Saxon, the protagonist of Deus Ex: Icarus Effect and Deus Ex: The Fall, grew up in North London.
- Jaron Namir settled in London with his family in 2022.