In 2027, Vale has an apartment on the first floor of the Downtown apartments near Earls Court, Detroit. Vale appears to be an avid conspiracy theorist. There are e-mails on her computer on topics such as the NSAs global surveillance program (codenamed ECHELON), and smear campaigns involving the future US president, Philip Riley Meed.
Vale has sent e-mails to Timothy Stephens, a staff member of the National Security Agency asking about information on its ECHELON program. These requests are met with hostility, however, and an official harassment complaint is filed against her. She also sent a web address to a family member named Penny Vale, that apparently "presents the true facts behind all the lies". However, Penny is not convinced by these unfounded assertions, stating that she finds the press more trustworthy than "a few paranoid kooks living in their parents' basement".
By 2029, Vale is a reporter for Picus and is stationed in Prague, where she stays at the Libuse Apartments (in apartment no. 94). In an e-mail found on her computer in the apartment, she expresses interest in investigating a tip of a "screwup" at Palisade Property Bank.
- Amusingly, although Vale's belief in conspiracy theories in Deus Ex: Human Revolution is disregarded by others, she in fact turns out to be correct in some respects. For instance, it is known that ECHELON is used by the United Nations to spy on global communications, with its most sophisticated incarnation being ECHELON IV or Daedalus, Icarus and later the combined Helios.
- Laura Vale is an unseen character in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- In Mankind Divided, an unnamed civilian at Ludvik's Lounge appears to be Laura Vale, based on a close resemblance to the profile picture on her computer at Libuse Apartments.
- Laura Vale's computer (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
- Laura Vale's computer in the Libuse Apartments (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)