| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Ivan Berk is an augmented character living in Prague. He is partially responsible for the bombing of Růžička Station in 2029, as it is him who plants the explosives. Berk is in affiliation with Viktor Marchenko, a member of the Augmented Rights Coalition. Marchenko promises that Berk will become a "legend" due to his role in the bombing.
Before the Aug Incident of 2027, Ivan worked as an auto mechanic in Prague, and was one of the best in the city. When Hugh Darrow's signal went out, he lost control and began acting violently, but was able to lock himself in the basement of his house to protect his wife, Melissa, from his actions.
After the Incident, Ivan is forced to move to Golem City because of his augmentations, and Melissa willingly chooses to go as well to be with her husband. Melissa's brother Simon Whittaker, a member of Tarvos Security Services, has been trying unsuccessfully to get the couple out of the Aug ghetto and back to "where they belong" ever since.
In 2029, Ivan is arrested by corrupt Prague police who intend to kill him to "harvest" his augmentations, and sell them to the Dvali. With the help of Alex Vega, who gets arrested around the same time, Ivan manages to escape confinement. Not long after this, the Růžička Station bomb attack occurs. According to Whittaker, he is dead after the attack.
- In an e-mail from Marchenko, it is implied that he expects Berk to die during the bombing. He is also seen walking further into the station where the most damage is done shortly before the bombs detonate.
- In the DLC mission Desperate Measures, it is revealed that Whittaker tampered with Růžička Station's security footage to protect his sister, Melissa.
- According to the concept art of Ivan Berk, his leg augmentations are made by the augmentation manufacturer Isolay.
- According to the trailer in which he is beaten by the cops, his cybereye prosthesis are made by Sarif Industries.
- Ivan Berk was originally just created to feature in trailers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. His role in the plot was later added, but his appearance in the game itself is still very brief.