Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Irenka Bauer is an augmented citizen and former actress living in the basement of Vincent van Aug in Prague in 2029. She is encountered during SM01: The Golden Ticket as one of the two people Adam Jensen can assist.
Irenka Bauer used to be an actress, having starred in the movie "The Robot Within." However, it appears she can no longer find acting jobs and, as a coping mechanism, has resorted to acting out R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots) in an empty basement. Part of this coping mechanism involves having a split personality named Helena. In her mind, Helena is a robot and is the one that will talk to Jensen when he first comes across her, saying that Irenka is very scared right now so any news he has should be told to her (Helena).
Irenka also has a brother who has played along with her Helena personality, but is starting to get frustrated as it has been going on for several months.
- The player has the option of activating hers or Edward Brod's permit in The Golden Ticket. If you do not activate Irenka's permit, she will be found in a small secluded room in Golem City.
- Several used condoms can be found inside this room, suggesting that she may have been forced to turn to prostitution to make a living. You can talk with her a bit, where she will say she does not blame you and asks if you have any Neuropozyne.
- If you did Samizdat, you will later have the option to do K is for Každý and she will be in the holding cell with K and Bones, allowing you to rescue her and help her get out of Prague with the former Samizdat members.
- It is unclear how she (or Edward) end up in the holding cell in Prague. It is possible she, like Olivie, got someone to smuggle her out of Golem City and back to Prague, but was caught.
- When first met in the basement of Vincent van Aug, Irenka was in the middle of rehearsing for the play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots) by Karel Čapek, who was the in-universe namesake of Čapkova kašna a.k.a. "Čapek's Fountain", the metro station just down the street from her shop.
- Irenka's split personality, "robot Helena", is probably based on the play's robot character of the same name.
- ↑ The in-game ad for a film titled "The Robot Within" lists Irenka Bauer in a starring role for the film.