One essential part of Adam Jensen's arsenal throughout the course of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are the various types of grenades and mines that he can quickly throw down to take out or hinder his enemy's attacks.
There are five types of grenades available in the game: fragmentation, gas, EMP, smoke and concussion, each serves a different function and scenario. Again, like in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, these grenade types can be combined with mine templates to produce their respective mine counterparts that can be laid down as area-denial weapons and traps.
Unlike in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, grenades are no longer sold in shops and instead, have to be found throughout the environment, though the mine templates can be bought or crafted with enough parts.
Both the grenades and mine templates are manufactured by Sea-Tec.
List of Grenades and MinesEdit
The GZ-1 Mine Template is a compact (1x1) mine blank that can be combined with any type of grenade in the game to produce their respective mine counterparts that can be laid down as area-denial weapons and traps. Laid mines do not have an IFF system and can be triggered by the movement of Jensen himself, though they can be remotely hacked if the player has access to the appropriate augmentation.
Mine Templates can either be found, bought or crafted from 75 parts.
- Laid mines do not have an IFF system and can be triggered by the movement of Jensen himself, though they can be remotely hacked if the player has access to the appropriate augmentation. Alternatively, crouch-walking towards a live mine can allow the player to disarm and pick them up without causing discharge.
- Having the Chaff upgrade can be very handy when entering an area suspected of having mines due to the doubled duration. Likewise, it can prove useful when trying to get away from wayward grenades, though if one is trying to disable nearby enemies with a non-lethal throwable (gas, EMP, smoke, etc.) the upgrade can work against them by delaying the device's activation.
- Grenades can be shot out of the air if the player has the Focus Enhancement experimental augmentation.
- Gas and frag mines, unlike their grenade counterparts, will not award experience points. The tactical flexibility of the mines tend to more than make up for this drawback.
- Several of the grenade types in Mankind Divided reuse the models of their equivalent in Human Revolution despite being manufactured by a different company. It is likely that these grenade designs have become standardized as of 2029 and are applied to all relevant products.
Deus Ex: Mankind DividedEdit