| Foxiest of the Hounds|
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms.
|An achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.|
The easiest way to track this achievement is to check whether you get the Smooth Operator bonus for completing a specific main mission objective, list of which you can find below.
It should be noted that simply getting all the bonuses does not guarantee the acquisition of the achievement. If, for example, the player leaves a body of a knocked out enemy in a place where other patrolling guards may potentially find him and completes the objective fast enough he will still get the Smooth Operator bonus. But eventually the body will be found and guards will sound an alarm (it may even happen out of player's sight), which in turn will nullify the Foxiest of the Hounds. So it is recommended to play cautiously and not to trust the XP rewards too much.
For the general strategies on playing stealthily consult the guidelines listed on the Smooth Operator page.
List of objectives in Deus Ex: Human Revolution that award Smooth Operator bonusEdit
There are 21 Smooth Operator bonuses available in the game (22 with bonus mission from Explosive Mission Pack DLC).
Note that "Investigating the Suicide Terrorist" objective has two mutually exclusive ways of resolving it, so it's possible to earn either Silver Tongue bonus or Ghost+Smooth Operator bonuses in Police Station, but not both. If player chooses to talk his way into the morgue this WILL NOT COUNT AGAINST the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement, meaning that player will need to earn only 20 (21 with DLC) Smooth Operator bonuses out of possible 21 (22) for the achievement.
Also note that "Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk" will not provide a notification upon completing the objective, as it is followed immediately by a cutscene and you are taken to the Omega Ranch. You can confirm that you got the bonus by checking your experience when you regain control of Adam (1000 + 250 + 500 for Ghost if you got it).
Detroit Police StationEdit
- M5 - Investigating the Suicide Terrorist
- 1) Retrieve the dead terrorist's Neural Hub. As noted above this bonus can't be earned together with Silver Tongue bonus.
- M10 - Following the clues in Highland Park
- 2) Infiltrate the Mercenary Compound
- 3) Locate the Mercenary Leader
Tai Yong MedicalEdit
- M1 - Searching for Proof
- 4) Enter TYM's tower by passing through the Pangu
- 5) Find and view Van Bruggen's recording
- M2 - Entering the Dragon's Lair
- 6) Confront Zhao in the Penthouse
- 7) Escape and get to the hangar
- 8) Open the hangar bay doors
- M1 - Confronting Eliza Cassan
- 9) Escape the ambush by reaching a lower floor
- 10) Get to the funicular
- 11) Summon the funicular
- 12) Get inside room 802-11
Detroit - second visitEdit
- M2 - Finding Isaias Sandoval
- 13) Obtain Sandoval's location from Taggart. Note that, unlike the Police Station objective, this bonus can be earned together with or separately from Silver Tongue bonus for convincing Taggart.
- 14) Find and confront Sandoval
Hengsha - second visitEdit
- M3 - You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours (DLC)
- 15) Rescue Tong's son
- M4 - Stowing Away
- 16) Retrieve Tong's Package from the Shed
- 17) Place the C4 on Administrator Wang's Desk
- M1 - Rescuing Megan and Her team
- 18) Search for Signs of Megan's Team
- 19) Disable the Signal Jammer - While the story itself can progress without fulfilling this objective, it must be completed (and, obviously, stealthily) to satisfy Foxiest of the Hounds.
- 20) Upload a virus to the security computer and enter the restricted area
- M1 - Shutting Down Darrow's Signal
- 21) Get inside the tower and disengage the lockdown. Note that getting Silver Tongue from Darrow does not interfere with the trophy, even though it won't show Smooth Operator
- 22) Reach the Broadcast Center. Note that making regular "zombies" hostile won't count against this, since they are too crazy to set off an "alarm".
This achievement/trophy is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid game series where an identical achievement is also present in the latest titles. The main character, Solid Snake, was a member of a black ops group, "High-Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND". Also, the visual representation for the achievement/trophy is a masked guard with exclamation points above his head, a common sight in all Metal Gear games.
|Achievements in Deus Ex: Human Revolution|
|Detroit||Acquaintances Forgotten • Balls • Cloak & Daggers • The Desk Job • Kevorkian Complex • Lesser Evils • Lucky Guess • Motherly Ties • Sentimental Value • Smash the State • The Last Straw • The Take • The Throwdown • Yes Boss|
|Hengsha||Bar Tab • Corporate Warfare • Darker Shades • Good Soul • Guardian Angel • Ladies Man • Rotten Business • Shanghai Justice • Super Sleuth • Talion A.D. • The Fall|
|Missions||Hangar 18 • Old School Gamer • The Bull • The Final Countdown • The Mantis • The Snake • Unforeseen Consequence|
|Ending||Deus Ex Machina • Legend • The D Project • The End • Trooper|
|Misc.||Consciousness is Over-rated • Doctorate • First Hack • First Takedown • Foxiest of the Hounds • Ghost • Gun Nut • Hax0r1! • Opportunist • Pacifist • Transhumanist • Up the Ante!|