It features approximately 8 hours of director's commentaries and a 45 minute “Making Of” video. It also features an improved visual engine and a complete overhaul of the boss battles.
Director's Cut is available for $19.99 on various platforms, though Steam PC client users will receive a discount if Deus Ex: Human Revolution was purchased beforehand (two if already owning The Missing Link) down to just $9.99 ($4.99 with The Missing Link purchased).
The Director's Cut has the following new features:
- Improved Textures
- The Missing Link DLC is now fully integrated into the base game.
- Option to start New Game where previously selected Augmentations will carry over, similar to the New Game + mode of modern videogames.
- Overhauled Boss Battles, now enabling the player to be more pre-emptive and tactical when confronting bosses.
- 45 Minute "Making Of" video.
- Around 8 hours of commentary from Eidos Montreal
- By default Jensen will be able to regenerate two energy cells on all but the hardest difficulty.
- Players can now use Jensen’s augmentation powers more freely.
All the DLC (including The Missing Link) are now completely integrated into the base game.
Changes include improved shaders, a revamped lighting system and a new fog system that “makes the atmosphere really stand out”.
Overhauled Boss BattlesEdit
Boss fights were changed to provide the player more options to deal with bosses, depending on how the player developed their character, although there are no options/paths to completely bypass these battles. Most notably, new hacking/stealth options were added which enable players to set preemptive traps (such as sentries or poison gas) during these battles.
Official Site Edit
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut official home page.