Deus Ex: Human Defiance is the name of the upcoming movie based primarily on the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
On 12 July 2012, it was announced that a film adaptation based on the game was being planned by Eidos Montréal and CBS Films, who secured the film rights to the game. On 15 November 2012, it was announced that Scott Derrickson would be directing the film, as well as co-writing the script with C. Robert Cargill. The two had worked together on the film, Sinister. In the same article, it was revealed that Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh would be the film's producers, with John P. Middleton as executive-producer.
According to screenwriter C. Robert Cargill, the movie will not be a rehash of the games and will instead be an original story set around the time of Human Revolution.
On July 22nd, 2014 The Hollywood Reporter reported that Human Defiance would be re-written by Michael Finch.
Screenrant reported in June of 2015 that the film would no longer be solely developed by CBS Studios, and that a new home for the film would be announced "shortly." The move comes because producers Adrian Askarieh and Roy Lee have left CBS Studios. An internet search for the announcement brought forth no immediate hits as of December 16, 2015. 
- ↑ http://sknr.net/2012/11/15/scott-derrickson-will-direct-deus-ex-human-revolution-for-cbs-films/
- ↑ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393412/square-enix-files-trademark-for-deus-ex-human-defiance/
- ↑ http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/deus-ex-human-defiance-film-title-not-next-game/
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a460623/deus-ex-movie-not-a-video-game-rehash-says-writer.html
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/predators-writer-boards-deus-movie-720314
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/deus-ex-movie-announcement/