Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Desperate Measures is a single mission DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It is only available as a pre-order bonus or through a day-one purchase of the game. Additionally, it is included in the Collector's Edition of Mankind Divided.
Desperate Measures focuses on exposing the mastermind behind the train bombing in Růžička Station. Adam Jensen must travel to the Prague office of Tarvos Security Services to learn the truth about the bombing.
|"Taking place in Prague, the ‘Desperate Measures’ extra in-game mission has you playing as Adam Jensen, returning to the epicenter of the Růžička train station explosion that recently rattled the city to its very core. With tampered security footage hampering the investigation behind the attack, you must rely on both your augmentations, and skills as a covert operative, in order to unveil the true culprit responsible for the bombing."|
Sometime after Adam Jensen returns from the Útulek Complex, Peter Chang calls him with a new lead on the Růžička train station bombing. He says the footage captured from the bombing has been tampered with, and sends you to meet with a train station employee Pavla Keilmanovich who has more information.
Jensen meets Pavla in the private back alley on Stur Street. After he convinces her that she will not be traced back as a whistleblower, she confirms that a Tarvos employee took the footage from the Intellicam server room and bribed her to look the other way.
Chang then sends Jensen another hacked metro train to Terminal station so he can investigate the Tarvos security center there. Tarvos employees have the building under lockdown due to a "bomb scare", so Jensen has to sneak or bust his way through the guards to get into the Tarvos offices. As he makes his way through to the command center, Adam and Chang ultimately conclude that Lieutenant Simon Whittaker is in charge there and can give them more information on the coverup, so Jensen sneaks or barges into his office.
After Simon finishes a phone call with his sister, Adam explains that he is with Interpol and that they have evidence someone at Tarvos tampered with security footage. Simon may be cooperative or non-cooperative depending on Jensen's actions and whether Jensen found an e-mail in a computer in the IT department evidencing that Whittaker ordered an RDT device to spot-corrupt the footage.
If Simon is cooperative, he will explain that Melissa Berk is his sister, and that Melissa's husband, Ivan Berk, was responsible for planting the fatal bomb. Simon will also explain that he corrupted the footage to protect his sister.
Alternatively, if Simon is non-cooperative, Jensen will need to find a pocket secretary containing a conversation with full audio between Whittaker and his sister, Melissa Berk, recorded right after the bombing. In the conversation recorded on the pocket, Melissa admits that her husband, Ivan Berk, was responsible for planting the fatal bomb, and Simon agrees to take the Intellicam footage of the bombing before the police can access it so they do not come for her.
Jensen tells Chang to send him another metro train to take him back to Praha Dovoz, and once he escapes Tarvos and leaves Terminal station on it, he goes back to Chang's office at TF29 HQ to fill him in. Jensen explains that Simon corrupted the footage to protect his sister Melissa. Her husband, Ivan Berk, had recently been recruited into ARC and carried out the bombing, but Jensen deduces he was probably just a pawn in all this who was easily influenced into it by the attack's true mastermind.
If the player took a stealth approach, Chang commends Jensen for his quiet work, assuring that Tarvos has not reported anything there, and Jensen will conclude the mission by saying "I like to get answers without creating new questions."
Entering the Tarvos Command Center Edit
Upon arriving the metro station, you may enter into the Tarvos facility through the entrance, or, alternatively, through a vent at the ceiling of the metro station. The vent is accessible by hacking the door at the end of the metro station.
To access the storage bay, you must traverse a passageway guarded by a laser grid, and then proceed upward at the end of the passageway. The storage bay contains various storage areas containing weapons and ammunition. From the storage bay, you may reach the command center by traveling through the main entrance entrance, which is guarded by a sentry bot, or through a vent at the ceiling area of the storage bay. The ceiling area may be accessed by a ladder on the main level that is near another ladder to the lower level.
Confronting Whittaker at the Command Center Edit
Once inside the Command Center, you may optionally locate an email in a locked computer in the IT department. The email indicates that Whittaker ordered an RDT device to spot-corrupt the footage.
Whittaker's office is on the second level. Enter his office, and a cutscene will play.
- Whittaker will be cooperative if you uncovered the email in the IT department and infiltrated the compound stealthily. Whittaker will explain to Jensen the circumstances regarding Ivan Berk and Mellisa Berk and then ask how Jensen will proceed. In response,
- If "report the facts" is selected, Whittaker will order his men to permit Jensen to depart the command center without harm. The mission objective of confronting Whittaker completes upon exiting Whittaker's office.
- If "leave out details" is selected, Whittaker will do the same, and additionally open a compartment containing whisky and a Praxis kit.
- If "ruin you" is selected, Whittaker will commit suicide when you leave his office. (Note: The mission objective does not progress unless the steps discussed below are taken, even though Jensen has learned the facts. This may be a bug.)
- Otherwise, Whittaker will be uncooperative. Complete the objective by unlocking a keypad on his wall (the passcode, 4826, is found in Wikittaker's computer), opening a secret store room, and then opening a safe within that store room. In the safe, you will find a pocket secretary containing a conversation with full audio between Whittaker and his sister, Melissa Berk, recorded right after the bombing.
After confronting Whittaker, leave the compound through the Metro Station to complete the mission.
Location of Collectables Edit
Praxis Kits Edit
- Inside the sever room of the IT department.
- In a compartment in Whittaker's office, unlocked by the "leave out details" dialogue option when confronting Whittaker.
- In the break room of the Command Center, inside a locker within the "F" to "I" section of the lockers.
- The Moment to Fight Back, ch. 1, p. 3, inside the Men's restroom of the Command Center.
- The Moment to Fight Back, ch. 1, p. 4, inside Whittaker's office.
- Tarvos: "Kasi-Cram" Language, on a couch in the break room of the Command Center.
- Tarvos: Mission Statement & Company Bio (also found in the main game), first floor of Command Center, to the left of the break room entrance