This district is between Čistá Čtvrť and the Red Light District. The boundary between Dávný District and Čistá Čtvrť is marked by three archways, respectively located at the east side of the plaza overlooking the Vltava River, at the east end of the Pedestrian Bridge, and at the east of the Tourist Center.
The term "Dávný Čtvrť" appears in many instances in the game, but is not a proper Czech expression because "dávný" does not match the grammatical gender of "čtvrť." The correct term should instead be "dávná čvrť." For this reason, "District" is used instead of "Čtvrť" in the title of this article.
The term "Dávný District" is also used in many instances, including the "location" identifier of recorded e-mails, as well as various in-game e-mail and dialogue correspondences.
"Dávný" translates to "bygone," "long-time," or "ancient." It is possible that the intended meaning of this term is "old." However, the correct translation of "old district" is "stará čtvrť". The in-game name may be a translation error.
Notable Locations Edit
North-side areas Edit
- Chikane's Place – Location of the helipad used by Task Force 29. The facility uses a storefront with the name of Workshop Matěj.
- An abandoned L.I.M.B. Clinic.
- A coffee shop, across from the L.I.M.B. Clinic.
- A second-level apartment belonging to Eugen Weisse, a professor researching nanoviruses, above the coffee shop.
- Pilgrim Station (Poutníkova) – A Prague metro station.
- Libuše Apartments – An old apartment complex.
Dolní Kostelní Ulice (Lower Church Street) Edit
This street connects to the Red Light District at both ends and wraps around Lekarna Pharmacy.
- Lékárna (Pharmacy) – A pharmacy attended by a vendor. Upstairs is the apartment of Dr. Nicholas Cipra.
- Abandoned Store.
Kajícníkova Cesta (Kajícníkova Way) Edit
- Future-Past Antiký – An antique store.
- Two storage units facing the pedestrian bridge.
- A third-level apartment belonging to Michael Raine, nephew of the vendor at Lekarna Pharmacy.
South-side areas Edit
- A second-level apartment belonging to Robin Johannes, a retired anthropology professor who is writing a book about the perception of augmented persons.
- Čerň-Zlatý – An art supplies shop.
- The Music Box – A music store. Outside of the store is a music stage.
See also Edit