| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
M11: Confronting the Bomb-Maker is the eleventh main mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and takes place during Adam Jensen's second visit to Prague. You must choose between doing this mission or M12: The Heist.
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
|Objective||Getting Things Done||Ghost||Smooth Operator|
|Meet Nomad Staněk||500||-||-|
|Rescue Allison Staněk *||3150||-||-|
|Meet Miller at the Helipad||500||-||-|
|Fly to the GARM Facility||500||-||-|
* There is a XP bonus up to 1000 XP depending on how well Allison was convinced to not start the Ascension.
- The Singularity Church of the Machine God
- Global Politics Review (2029 Edition), Chapter 6
- The Sleepwalking World, Tectonic Weapons
Note that these eBooks can be accessed anytime after The Heist or Confronting the Bomb-Maker is completed.
Nomad will contact you shortly after you escaped the drones, saying you need to hurry and meet him. He escaped the TF29 agents and followed Allison’s friends only to learn they plan to kill her that night in something called "the Ascension."
Meet Nomad Staněk Edit
Head to southern Prague and you will find him near the station, waiting just inside a gated area to the Singularity Church of the MachineGod. He will say he learned she is on the top floor of the building, but the fanatics will shoot anyone who tries to get up there, so he urges Jensen to go in and save her.
Rescue Allison Staněk Edit
Jensen is welcome to look around the first floor, but any other floor and the cultists will become hostile. You can make your way up in a number of ways, but be mindful of all the security and close quarters. It seems they are taking no chances and have cameras monitoring the stairwells and mines set up in some of the vents and even on the back wall facing the courtyard. As soon as you reach the second floor you will fail The Heist, so if you change your mind on which one to do, switch before you head up.
- The quickest way up, if you have Remote Hacking, a fully upgraded Icarus Dash, and Glass-Shield Cloaking, is to head to the back courtyard and remote hack the 2 mines on the left side of the wall (near the smaller roof with the basketball hoop). Now jump onto the small roof and use Icarus Dash to get up to the top ledge (the 3rd floor), aiming for the corner as a cultist is at this window. Quickly use your glass shield if needed and take cover below the window. Once they move away, cloak and hop through the window and out the hole in the wall straight across. There will be a gate to the left that leads to the top floor. Remote hack the mine in the stairwell then use the code 0011 on the gate and head up. Hack or use a multi-tool on Allison's door.
Once you enter Allison’s room, a conversation will play out. When the time comes, select 'critique' then 'focus'. Another small scene plays before you enter another conversation battle. This time select 'critique' twice and she will allow herself to be arrested. Even if you did not win the debate, this will unlock the God Killer achievement.
Meet Miller at the Helipad Edit
Fly to the GARM Facility Edit
If you did not select to head out with Chikane, this will pop up. Once you have taken care of all unfinished business, go back to Chikane to let him know you are ready to fly out.
- The gate to Allison's church can only be opened during this mission. If the player tries to use the Klipspringer mod to mantle it before the keycard is given, they can get on top of it but an invisible wall will prevent them from crossing over to the courtyard.
- There's a bug where failing The Heist will not properly update until Jensen crosses a certain boundary in the game. This boundary does not appear to extend to the back wall, so when a player uses this as a way up, Alex will not inform the player they have failed as late as the third floor.