Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
Restore Power to the Keypad: 500 GTD
Jam the Signal Booster: 250 GTD + 200 Ghost
Seal off Access to the Atrium: 500 GTD + 200 Ghost
Stop the Chopping from Escaping: 500 GTD + 200 Ghost
Before the mission, Jensen is briefed by his boss Jim Miller. He explains the reason they are there and Jensen's main and secondary objectives. Jensen will be dropped into the Desert Jewel Resort Hotel, where an illegal weapons deal is set to take place. His main objective is to prevent the Jinn, one of the parties involved in the deal, from accessing the hotel's atrium. An optional objective is to find and disable a signal booster to aid an an undercover agent and ally, Arun Singh.
Miller gives Adam the choice of an initial weapon. These choices are:
- Stun gun - non-lethal, short range
- Tranquilizer rifle - non-lethal, long range
- Revolver - lethal, short range
- Combat rifle - lethal, long range
- If player chose a lethal option, Jensen's 2 grenades will be frag grenades and his Typhoon augmentation will be configured to lethal setting.
- If player chose a non-lethal option, Jensen's 2 grenades will be gas grenades and his Typhoon augmentation will be configured to non-lethal setting.
Jensen will jump from the VTOL he is on, and the mission will begin. From the point where you land, keep walking until you need to drop down from a height. Look behind you when you land and there will be an airshaft that can be walked into. Go to near the back of this shaft and you will find the first of the triangle codes in the game.
Restore Power to the KeypadEdit
Keep moving forward until you reach a room with a locked door. The keypad for this door is deactivated, so needs to be powered up. To the left of this door is a room containing a power breaker. Activate the breaker, and the keypad will now be powered up. Make sure to exit this side room by climbing over the wall to avoid the electrified water. Either hack the keypad or enter the code 0451 to progress. Entering this code awards you the achievement, A Heated Combination.
Seal Off Access to the AtriumEdit
Once through the locked door, the game gives you the option to engage in a tutorial. Completing this tutorial as well as two others later on gives you the Adept of the Metaverse achievement. Just ahead, there is a room with an elevator. You can get to the next section of the hotel by simply using the elevator, or by going into the gated-off area at the far end of the room and punching a hole in the wall.
You will now be in the apartments area. Here there are lots of Jinn to fight or stealth past. At the end of this area, there is a room that leads to the top of the atrium, where your main objective is. First you need to get through the locked door, which can be unlocked with the code 0682. Going through this door completes the second main objective, as Jensen destroys the door control that would allow access to the atrium.
Stop the Chopper from EscapingEdit
Just after Jensen arrives in the atrium, masked mercenaries invade it and begin killing the weapons dealers. The helicopter with the weapons is about to take off, so your new main objective is to stop it from escaping. Either go down the elevator, or jump off the side into the main part of the atrium (the Icarus Landing System will prevent fall damage). The easiest way to disable the chopper is to remove its battery which is behind a panel on the left side of it (right side if you are facing the front of the helicopter). Once the helicopter has been disabled, the mission will end. Alternatively, the objective can be satisfied by destroying the helicopter using sufficient gunfire or other munitions. If the helicopter is permitted to escape, the mission nonetheless finishes and the game will move on to the next mission.
The masked mercenaries can be taken out, or simply ignored. If all masked mercenaries are killed or incapacitated, the Task Force 29 troops will fire upon the chopper in an effort to destroy it.
In this area to the right of the helicopter is a container with ladders on both sides. On top of this container is the game's second triangle code.
Jam the Signal BoosterEdit
In the apartments area, there are two penthouses on the right side of the hotel. The furthest penthouse from the point you enter this area is where the signal booster is kept. Make your way to this penthouse, deal with the two Jinn in the room and interact with the booster to disable it. Also in this room is the eBook, Tales of the Arabian Front which must be read to obtain the Tablet Collector achievement.
In the atrium, once the gold-masked mercenaries have begun to attack, Arun Singh is in danger of being killed. A secondary objective is to protect him, and doing so successfully gives you the Singh No Swan Song achievement. This objective will fail if you take too long to disable the helicopter, but other than that no special tasks need to be performed to save him.
- Depending on how long you take to get to the atrium, an incoming sandstorm may or may not reach it once you arrive. The sandstorm reduces visibility in the atrium significantly, making it difficult to see enemies without Smart Vision. However this also can work to your advantage as the mercenaries cannot see you as clearly either, making it easier to sneak past them.
- There seems to be a bug associated with player inventory size. Upon starting a New Game +, the game will calculate the total size of the player's inventory content but based on the stock 7x7 grid regardless of its upgrade status. Should the total size exceed that amount, or if it does not leave enough room for the biggest of the four starting weapons (tranquilizer rifle), the game will crash after the intro cutscene. Emptying out one's inventory during the final boss fight seems to be the only workaround.