| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
Allison was a member of the Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) team in the Czech military, where she was injured while on duty. To save her life and to make her better at her job, she received mechanical augmentations. Her work as part of the EOD gave her experience not just in bomb disposal, but in bomb-making as well. During the Aug Incident, Allison was one of the people to suffer from psychotic hallucinations. Soon afterwards, she was dishonorably discharged from the military.
Following the Incident, Staněk suffers from depression, but soon has a revelation relating to the so-called "MachineGod". She believes that during the Incident, she experiences something called "Singularity" - when the minds of augmented people transcend their bodies and merge with the MachineGod. This belief leads her to either join or create a splinter group of the Singularity Church of the MachineGod. The beliefs of this Church are more extreme than the actual religion, and the official Church does not endorse the one Allison is the leader of.
The other church members refer to Allison as "the Mother". The role of the Mother is to lead the other members, and to be the first along with a chosen few to take part in the Ascension. The Ascension is where Staněk and some other cult members will attempt to merge their minds with the MachineGod, killing themselves in the process.
Staněk becomes resentful of non-augmented people after the Aug Incident, and believes that those who have oppressed the augmented should be punished. She is asked by Viktor Marchenko to create a number of bombs to be used to do exactly this, and obliges. Some of these bombs are used during the Růžička Station bombing.
- Hides despair behind denial and vanity. Needs nurturing, but not over-indulgence.
- Struggling against depression. Requires realistic, non-patronizing inspiration.
- Expresses frustrations with rage. Will relent when confronted.
- Depending on choices made, Allison can either live or die during the events of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- If the player does M12: The Heist, she will go ahead with the Ascension, effectively killing herself. She will also go forward with it if the player fails to persuade her during M11: Confronting the Bomb-Maker.
- If the player persuades her to not go through with the Ascension, she will instead let herself be arrested, giving a signal jammer if she was positively persuaded. The player can then talk to her after G.A.R.M. in one of Task Force 29's holding cells, where she seems to finally be at peace. She will also say that she will be transferred to a special prison called "the Grave."