| "I once thought I could save the world... now look at it"
— Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided follow!
SM06: 01011000 is a side mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It is available for Adam Jensen to complete during his second visit to Prague. Completing this mission unlocks an achievement/trophy of the same name. It originally starts as a point of interest (The Glitch) until Jensen accepts the mission in the pawn shop.
Objectives & XP Rewards Edit
|Objective||Getting Things Done||Ghost||Smooth Operator|
|Point of Interest (The Glitch)||350||-||-|
|Retrieve Helle's Package||750||200||-|
|Persuade Walker *||-||-||-|
|Find a reader at Future-Past Antiky||750||-||-|
|Access the data at the safe house||350||-||-|
WalkthroughEditThe mission is available to start as soon as you get back from Golem City. As Jensen leaves the puppet shop, you will notice a hologram street sign across the road near some police guards. When you approach a glitched street sign, it starts to glitch and, when interacted with, will start to show images of Panchaea before someone named Helle contacts you, asking you to go to a pawn shop in the south part of Prague.
There are other glitched street signs that can be found in Prague, any one of which may be used to start the mission. Another glitched street sign is located on the street north of Adam Jensen's apartment.
Make your way there and the shop's door will be remotely unlocked before Helle asks you to go downstairs. Use the messaging function on any of the computers to talk to Helle, who only tells Jensen they have a mutual enemy. Then she asks you to pick up a package that has something to do with "old memories" and gives a keycode to use.
Retrieve Helle's Package Edit
There are a couple ways into the area near the toy factory. One way is to jump on top of the Sarif Industries van, then onto the metal awning and through the window up here, which leads to a hole above the room. The other way, if you have the punch through wall aug, is to go down the alley behind the van, punch the vent, and use the ventilation duct just to the right of it (on the same wall).
Once you arrive at the location, you will find 3 professional looking mercenaries looking for the data disk. Helle helps Jensen by providing power to the lock, making the room accessible. Retrieve the disk, which is in a dated format, akin to a floppy disk. Helle then instructs Jensen to go to the Future-Past Antiký shop, where you can find a reader for the disk.
Find a Reader at Future-Past Antiký Edit
When you get there, you are greeted by a very talkative store clerk who, if you got the pocket secretary off the mercenaries, reveals his name to be Walker. You have several different options here with CASIE or if you got the pocket secretary off one of the previous mercenaries.
- If you got the pocket secretary, you can confront Walker until he draws a gun on Adam and asks you to guess who he is. You can then select the "you're in danger" and it will get him to turn on his employer and give you the reader. You can then choose to either both walk away or fight him. Either way, he will not show up again.
- If you confront Walker about the name and keep pushing, he will draw his gun and fight you (unless you use the previous option). You can also back out about the name and go to another topic.
- If you ask about the price and do not have CASIE, or selected negotiate when it popped up, will cause Walker to unlock the basement to let you in. You can then take him out discreetly or head down for a fight. If you select "refuse" instead, he will fight you in the store unless you use the pocket secretary to get him to back down.
- If you ask about the other customer, do not have CASIE or choose to warn Walker, he will unlock the basement. Choosing to suspect him will lead to a fight (again, if you have the pocket secretary, you can get around the fight altogether).
Downstairs, if you have not dealt with Walker, he will confront you in the armed basement (if you took him out beforehand, nothing will be armed). This will happen even if you did not talk to him, to which he will complain that he spent a lot of time working on his clerk persona. Without CASIE, or choosing to intimidate him, will cause Walker to set off the EMP mines and start the bomb countdown before he heads back upstairs. You have 45 seconds to disarm the bomb. To do so, get to the clock over the body and activate it to reveal a button that will unlock the nearby door. Go in and select disarm on the wall panel inside. You can also simply follow Walker back up the stairs and take him out and let the bomb go off, killing the person downstairs (unsure if this affects the Pacifist achievement or not). If you choose belittle, Walker will disable the bomb and EMP mines to allow for a fair fight.
Whichever path you choose, once Walker has been dealt with, go into the small back room of the basement to find the reader on the desk. Helle will then ask you to head back to Jensen's apartment.
Access the Data at the Safe House Edit
Head to the apartment and use the reader to find out who Helle really is. As you are talking, the speaker will suddenly stop, realizing the mercenaries that were after her are back. Their numbers depend on your past choices:
- If you killed the mercenaries but let Walker go using the pocket secretary, or killed everyone, only one mercenary shows up.
- If you killed the mercenaries and incapacitated Walker without killing him, only Walker shows up.
- If you used the pocket secretary or killed Walker, but did not kill the mercenaries, 4 mercenaries appear.
- If you did not kill any of them (either by leaving them alone or knocked them unconscious) 3 mercenaries and Walker appear.
You can take them all out, stealthily or straight on, but keep in mind that Tars' bodyguards will attack you if you are trying to start a firefight within line of sight and/or earshot. The same goes for the police that are across from Tars. A silenced weapon or some biocells with a bit of careful footwork can help to take them out without causing unrest in the neighborhood. Alternatively, you can escape through the bathroom window, avoiding the mercenaries completely.
Once they are taken care of, Eliza will contact you again and the mission will finish.
- After completing the mission, Jensen has the option of telling K about it but nothing appears to come of this.
- After completing the mission, Jensen's apartment may be trashed after he leaves his apartment. A pocket secretary from Picus can be found in the kitchen, heavily implying it was the hired Picus mercenaries that trashed his property, either to look for any sensitive information Jensen may have on them, or just avenging the loss of control over Helle/Eliza.
- This may be up to what you did earlier with the mercenaries. If you did not kill any of the mercenaries or Walker, the apartment will not be trashed. If you killed any of the mercenaries and/or Walker, it will be.
- If the mission was completed, Eliza will contact him during the lockdown and create a diversion for him to safely reach the Dvali territory.
- Future-Past Antiký can be visited well before the quest is actually made available. The basement can be broken into and looted, but the store room will be locked again if cracked. The old clock concealing the switch can be moved at that point and will stay open when Jensen returns for the quest.
- Some reason, if you convinced Walker to walk away, he will show up in the basement of Svobody Beer after the mercenaries break into Jensen's apartment and will still be there after Jensen returns from G.A.R.M.. It is unclear why he does not simply disappear from the game after this mission is finished.
- 01011000 is the binary representation of the number 88, which is the ASCII code for the capital letter "X".